Last updated: 29/09/2022
2. How Estateagent.ie works
- 2.1 Estateagent.ie is a free tender service that connects users with select estate agents.
- 2.2 By filling out the form on Estateagent.ie, you declare your needs to the companies. You will then receive offers from up to five estate agents.
- 2.3 Shortly after you have submitted the form, you will receive a confirmation email from Estateagent.ie. It contains, among other things, the name of the five estate agents who will contact you. Unless otherwise agreed, you will be contacted by phone, email or SMS, regardless of your preference for direct marketing calls registered in the NDD. From here on, contact takes place directly between you and the agents.
- 2.5 If it is impossible to obtain offers from five estate agents, we will clearly state so in your confirmation email. If there is only one agent who can deliver according to your wishes, we will specify this as well.
3. Use of Estateagent.ie
- 3.1 It is not permitted to pretend to be affiliated with Estateagent.ie or our partners, neither to the public nor to specific recipients. We have signed contracts with all the companies who work with us.
- 3.2 It is not permitted to acquire or attempt to acquire non-public parts of Estateagent.ie. It is also not allowed to obtain user data from our systems, for example, by hacking.
- 3.3 It is not permitted to use, or attempt to use, Estateagent.ie to spread viruses, 'Trojan horses', or other harmful code intended to obtain and/or copy user data or additional non-public information.
- 3.4 It is not permitted to negatively influence other users' capacity to use Estateagent.ie.
- 3.5 It is not permitted to pretend to be another natural person or to act unjustifiably on behalf of other natural or legal persons.
- 3.6 If we suspect actions that contradict good practice, for example, in the case of false or misleading inquiries, Estateagent.ie may block the service for the user in question.
4. Responsibilities and the relationship with estate agents
- 4.1 Estateagent.ie is only involved in establishing contact between users and estate agents. Estateagent.ie is thus not included in the design of the offers or the benefits that may apply.
- 4.2 The agents work independently from Estateagent.ie, and we cannot guarantee that the relevant agents will contact the customer with offers.
- 4.3 Usage of Estateagent.ie is at your own risk. Agreements between the customer and the agent and the content of those agreements are irrelevant to Estateagent.ie. Estateagent.ie is not responsible for the agreement's implementation, quality or legality or the agreement's suitability for the relevant purpose. Estateagent.ie is also not responsible for compliance with the agreed delivery time, or any losses users may suffer due to agreements with companies or errors committed by them. However, Estateagent.ie strives to only cooperate with serious and reliable players. We exclude agents who do not follow contracts or, in other ways, do not meet the requirements Estateagent.ie sets for quality and reliability.
- 4.4 Estateagent.ie works with select, independent estate agents. We cannot, therefore, guarantee that the offers are the best or cheapest on the market.
- 4.5 Estateagent.ie is not responsible for missing commitments if the shortcoming can be attributed to force majeure. Circumstances beyond Estateagent.ie's control, which Estateagent.ie could not have foreseen when the agreement was made, are considered force majeure. The disclaimer remains as long as the unforeseen events persist. Examples of force majeure are natural disasters or extraordinary natural conditions, terror, fire, flood, vandalism, labour disputes, general shortage of goods, currency or import restrictions, or the outbreak of an infectious disease to such an extent that it affects Estateagent.ie's ability to fulfil its commitments. This also applies to deficiencies or delays of any subcontractors or other third parties.
- 4.6 Estateagent.ie is not responsible for any tax or duty-related matters that may arise for the user or the estate agent when they use Estateagent.ie. This applies to tax, VAT and/or other expenses related to the agent's services and the customer's payment.
5. Intellectual property rights
- 5.1 All intellectual property rights relate to Estateagent.ie and the service's owner, Nettbureau AS. This includes - but is not limited to - the names 'Estateagent.ie' and 'Nettbureau', the internet domain 'Estateagent.ie', trademarks in the form of figurative marks or wordmarks, copyright to material on the website and more. These belong to Nettbureau AS. The use of Estateagent.ie does not entitle users or third parties to any form of commercial use of these intellectual property rights.
- 5.2 The use of Estateagent.ie also does not grant any license to use the intellectual property rights of third parties (and the agents), including - but not limited to - copyrights, trademarks and design rights. Estateagent.ie is not responsible for unauthorised use of these.
- 6.1 All communication with Estateagent.ie takes place electronically.
- 6.2 When using Estateagent.ie, users are not subscribed to any newsletter unless they actively choose to do so.
- 6.3 If we discover errors in the provided contact information, Nettbureau and its partners are entitled, according to the customer's prior express consent, to adjust the contact information based on publicly available records.
- 7.2 The data provided in the form is not used for any purpose other than to forward it to relevant estate agents so they can give offers to the user.
9. Choice of law and disputes
- 9.1 Use of Estateagent.ie and any dispute that may arise as a result thereof, is subject to Irish law.
- 9.2 Disputes that may arise when using Estateagent.ie must be resolved amicably. If this is impossible, the dispute may be brought before the courts.